Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Warm Welcome

Welcome to my blog, The Sports Nugget, "A View From The Cheap Seats".

I've been wanting to start up a sports blog for some time now and have finally got around to doing so.  The theme to this blog is exactly what the sub heading says, "A View From The Cheap Seats".  When the average fan goes to a sporting event, they enjoy the game from the mid level or upper level seating areas, also known as the cheap seats.  This blog will work the exact same way.  It will consist of my opinions, the average fan, on certain topics in the sporting world.  I will most likely focus on the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA basketball, NCAA football, and any other hot topic regarding sports.

I want to make this page as interesting as possible.  Not only will you be able to find posts from me, but you will be able to find posts from other sporting sites.  For example, one post may consist of my thoughts.  However, the next post could be from ESPN or Sports Illustrated.  When I post something from another web site, I may or may not add my opinion on the topic or the article itself.  Instead of having to go to three or four different web sites to read articles on the same topic, I want you to be able to come to this site and find all these articles at once.  Not only will it save you time and make it easier for you, but it will also allow for the readers to leave comments and have a good discussion on the topic.

Any time there is breaking news I will have this site updated as quick as possible so you aren't the last one to know.  I'm usually pretty good at finding breaking news as soon as it breaks.  I have created a Twitter account for this site which will make it easier to post the breaking news.  The Twitter account is linked to this site so you can either follow me on Twitter or just read the tweets at the top right hand corner.  Any time there is a breaking news tweet, I will provide a more detailed post as soon as possible that will give you more insight on the topic.

All the information that is posted on this sight, that is not 100% mine, will be credited with who reported it and the website it came from.  Any of the information that is mine is strictly my opinion and is not affiliated with anyone else.

This site will be a work in progress for a decent amount of time until I can get everything worked out.  Please be patient and keep checking in whenever you get a chance.  Like I previously said, I want this site to be as interesting as possible so you look forward to logging on here every day.  With my passion for sports I think you will enjoy what this site has to offer. 

Feel free to give me any ideas of what you would like to see covered and I will try my best to get it done.  Any input will also be helpful, even if it's negative.  I'm open to criticism.  All I ask is for readers to respect not only my opinion but anyone else that my comment on a post.  You are more than welcome to disagree with anyone on here but please don't get out of hand with responses.

Once again, thanks for visiting and please check back whenever you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment